Prepare for Sessions
Guidelines & Tips
- For face to face sessions – Please arrive 10 minutes in advance.
- Ideally wear comfortable relaxing clothing.
- Eat a sumptuous meal before as the session takes 2-3 hrs.
- Switch off phone or leave in car.
- Stay calm and relaxed before the session – listen to soothing music, have a walk, take a shower/bath, say prayers or do whatever allows you to have a positive frame of mind expecting a successful transformative experience.
- For online sessions – Please ensure that you are ready and prepared for the session 10 minutes in advance.
- All of the suggestions above for face-to-face sessions are also true for you.
- I use Zoom for online sessions. If not familiar with Zoom, please install the program on your device in advance. Get familiar with it.
- Test the audio/video facilities on your device ensuring good functionality.
- Please use headphones. Test for good audio volume and clarity that I can hear.
- Ensure the device is fully charged and plugged in.
- Ensure your phone or any other device is switched off.
- Choose a space that ensures privacy eg. close the door to the room.
Communicate the need for privacy to others.
- Please consider and resolve any other possible disruptions like doorbells and pets in advance.
- Choose a spot where you can lie or lounge back. Use light coverings to keep you warm and comfortable.
- Ensure adequate lighting that doesn’t glare into your eyes.
- Set up and test your device is placed to allow me to see your face and your body, at least down to hips.
Very Important Please Take a Note:
- Set up and place your device in a position that is ready to allow me to see your face and body at least down to your hips.
- Please experiment and create this set up well before the appointed time.
- The ideal spot for your laptop is 30 degrees on either left or right of the lower body and above 20-30 centimeters higher than the body. You may require a stack of books, pillows, empty shoebox, tray table or a stand that allows this positioning.
- If this exercise is done after the therapist has started the appointment and then time is spent to figure this out, it compromises the therapist’s ability to provide you with her best quality work in your session.
- That time wasted watching you set up cuts short the time spent on your therapy.
- If the therapist finds you aren’t prepared with the setup and ready to commence the session, she may need to postpone or reschedule your appointment for another day.